February 1, 2021
Christmas Day Luncheon – With a Difference!
Our annual Christmas Day Luncheon was held on December 25, 2020 and yet again, it was a great success! The following are significant benefactors and reports of the event:
Number of donors – 55
Including fourteen (14) businesses/organizations as follows:
- Bank of Montserrat (Your Bank your Future)
- Alliougana Express
- Montserrat Port Authority
- BBC Radio and TV
- Montserrat Shipping and Business Services
- Nagico Insurance
- Land Development Authority
- Flow (This is how we Flow)
- MS Osborne Limited – Do it Best
- Victor’s Supermarket
- Aravins Enterprises Inc
- Deepaks Grocery’s
- Rams Emdee Enterprises Ltd
- Chez Mango Villas
In addition, we got donations from two (2) Service Clubs:
And one (1) church:
- Bethel Apostolic Church
- Some individuals gave cash and some gave food stuff. A total of 6 hams, 6 turkeys and 130lbs of chicken were donated.
- Cash XCD $5805.00
- 38 individuals who walked into our office and gave out of the absolute goodness of their hearts.
- 3 gifts from overseas donors.
Notable: We also got generous contributions from His Excellency the Governor and from the Minister of Communications, Works, Energy and Labour.
- Meals on Wheels – $1000.00
- Golden Years Home – $1000.00
- Davy Hill Community Action Group – $500.00
Total funds distributed was $2500.00, leaving a total of $3305.00 unspent. We have decided to classify this amount as “Restricted Funds” in our accounts so that it will go towards next year’s event.
Number of Meals served:
Meals on wheels – 62 meals on Christmas Day and 54 Meals on New Year’s Day
Davy Hill Community Action Group – 60 meals
Golden Years Home – 22 Meals on Xmas Day and 22 Meals on New Year’s Day
Total Meals served – 220
- To the staff and volunteers who worked so hard to make this happen.
- To our partners, and
- Most especially to our valued donors, without whose donations so many persons would not have had such a scrumptious meal.