Our annual Christmas Day Luncheon was held on December 25, 2020 and yet again, it was a great success! The following are significant benefactors and reports of the event:
Number of donors – 55
Including fourteen (14) businesses/organizations as follows:
- Bank of Montserrat (Your Bank your Future)
- Alliougana Express
- Montserrat Port Authority
- BBC Radio and TV
- Montserrat Shipping and Business Services
- Nagico Insurance
- Land Development Authority
- Flow (This is how we Flow)
- MS Osborne Limited – Do it Best
- Victor’s Supermarket
- Aravins Enterprises Inc
- Deepaks Grocery’s
- Rams Emdee Enterprises Ltd
- Chez Mango Villas
In addition, we got donations from two (2) Service Clubs:
And one (1) church:
- Bethel Apostolic Church
- Some individuals gave cash and some gave food stuff. A total of 6 hams, 6 turkeys and 130lbs of chicken were donated.
- Cash XCD $5805.00
- 38 individuals who walked into our office and gave out of the absolute goodness of their hearts.
- 3 gifts from overseas donors.
Notable: We also got generous contributions from His Excellency the Governor and from the Minister of Communications, Works, Energy and Labour.
- Meals on Wheels $1000.00
- Golden Years Home $1000.00
- Davy Hill Community Action Group $500.00
Total funds distributed was $2500.00, leaving a total of $3305.00 unspent. We have decided to classify this amount as “Restricted Funds” in our accounts so that it will go towards next year’s event.
Number of Meals served:
Meals on wheels 62 meals on Christmas Day and
54 Meals on New Year’s Day
Davy Hill Community Action Group 60 meals
Golden Years Home 22 Meals on Xmas Day and
22 Meals on New Year’s Day
Total Meals served 220
- To the staff and volunteers who worked so hard to make this happen.
- To our partners, and
- Most especially to our valued donors, without whose donations so many persons would not have had such a scrumptious meal.